Friday, September 15, 2006

A view from my home.

Oh wow, I hope that does not end up in my blog that big (It did, I'll try again...) from the entraceAny way this is the view down the main hallway from the front entrance. (The door at the end is a storage area/cat bathroom - the door next to it is a linen closet and the door closest is where the heating/cooling unit is located.) Isn't that a great hall to hang a quilt on? A little blurry,from the entrance but this is the other view from the same entrance... You can see into the living room. That is the Dining room in the far right. (The ceilings are 12 ft. so you need the ladder to change the lightbulbs - too bad there isn't any place to store it inthe mean time.) The cut out goes to the kitchen. All of this area is painted a pleasant beige - not too light, not too dark. (Nice view to the woods out back & grass that I don't have to mow.)
dining room The dining room - it is the same color as the rest of the area.... living room view into kitchen A view from the living room to the kitchen. The previous owner had a pool table in the living room and had his TV on that top shelf. I will probably put a big basket with a quilt overflowing it up there. (The stuff on the middle shelf is the stereo system, including the little speakers above and the big black box below.)
kitchen The kitchen, a view from the dining room. Yes, that is a washer/dryer on the left... It will live with us for a while - I need to save for a new one. But the other appliances minus the microwave will be replaced to match the microwave. Including the fridge that is just out of view, but next to the range. On the walls opposite this corner is a bar with granite that matches - no cabinets however. You are seeing 95% of all of the cabinets in the kitchen. (There is a small set above the fridge and a set above the dishwasher.)
bedroom 2 This is my "stewdio" the master bedroom is painted the same, but it has a walk in closet while this one has shelves. (Can you see my stash on those shelves?) Have I mentioned that I love the purple paint?
main bathroom And the main bathroom. (I won't share the master bathroom - just visualize circa 1970's 3/4 bath...) This one had a tub, but it now has a shower with a "seat" and just out of view are side jets for a shower massage.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Yours is the first blog I've seen updated today - very unusual. I can't get to my own blog - I get an error message when I try. It's been that way all day. I wonder whether any others are experiencing the same thing? Maybe it's just me - can you see my blog? I sure hope they get it fixed soon. I miss reading all the blog postings!

Patti

Deb R said...

It's really pretty, Amy! I love the floors and the purple walls in the "stewdio." The view out the back is great too.

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting and your new home looks great - I 'm looking forward to shots of the 'stewdio' once you've moved in all of your stash.

Fiona

silverthimble@shaw.ca said...

Your new home looks wonderful! I love the fact that you have such a beautiful view of the woods. Post pictures of your "stewdio" once you are set up.

Gail said...

Oh, Amy, the condo is very nice. I love the purple stewdio, too! Much happiness in your new home.
Gail (Going to Pieces) who is having trouble leaving you a message today! blogger must be doing things again

EileenKNY said...

That is so cool! I love the living room's view and your "stewdio" looks perfect. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, wow wow wow!

It's GREAT!! Big rooms, bright windows with green outside, wall colors that you're happy with, good closets.

Hope the bathroom remodel goes smoothly, and that the movers make sure everything gets to your new home safe and sound.

Have a wonderful weekend! Don't work too hard.

Hugs ~ Jeanne

Linda_J said...

Hey, Amy--I have done several of those RR crossings for the kids. Fun quilts and easy to do--uses lots of scraps too.

New digs are very nice! Congrats again.

Sweet P said...

Thanks for the tour of your new home. I can't wait to see you "stewdio" when you are moved in. I like purple paint too. Our bedroom is painted a light shade of purple.

Juliann said...

how fun to be moving - looks like a wonderful new home - have a great time making it your own
Juliann

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

I'll bet the purple paint will really showcase some of your quilts when you get to hanging in there. :)

ForestJane

Mary said...

It looks great Amy, I'm sure you love it. The view outside is nice too esp. since you don't have to mow/maintain it. That's one of the reasons we're looking for a townhouse - neither of us like to work in the yard and I'm tired of paying someone else to do it.

Cynthia said...

Amy your new home is lovely. I'm also looking forward to seeing your "stewdio" when you have moved everything in.

Libby said...

Congrats on your new place. How fun it will be for you to turn it into your home

cher said...

looks great! wonderful before photos...looking forward to the "afters"...

Anonymous said...

Your new home is wonderful - so clean and bright! I remember when we moved in here, our house looked like that...24 years down the track it's looking a bit drab :-(
I suppose you'd like some Tim Tams for your housewarming party? (BTW were you able to get that Antique mag. for me?)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Amy - that last anon. post was from me - Gina E. in Melbourne...Patra's Place!

Rian said...

Very, very nice. Congratulations, I love your new house. Happy, happy, happy. I dig the purple walls too.

Laurie Ann said...

Very nice! I love it. Good job on picking out a sweet little place!

Samantha said...

It looks great! Congrats on your new home!

Deb H said...

Very nice place. What fun to get to move into & new home & put your own touches on it. I am a H&G TV junkie. I love seeing what people do to their homes. Please update us when you make changes!