Monday, September 25, 2006

This and that

A. I forgot my camera at home - so no photos & no stories about all of my WONDERFUL pictures.

B. So this will be a picture of what is in my mind.... A "whimm" of sorts. (whimm = works hidden in my mind)

C. I am looking for the free pattern that want to share - so far I found all of these goodies in one place! (goodies in this sentence = free quilting patterns) & here & all of these free cat quilting patterns! (including the one that I was looking for!)

D. What I wanted to find from the begining is this free cat applique pattern. "Love me, Love my cat." I have shared this link before - I know because I asked Jeanne if it would be a good pattern for her appli-quilt method...

E. What made me think of it yet again? I have started to fill my in the closet shelves (these only just the straight across version - the system was in place with two shelves - I got 3 more) Photo pending... I found that I have an ample supply of cat fur fabrics.... I know several quilters who are reluctant to buy brown - go ahead hold your hand up in that air like you just don't care - we can't see you anyway.... I am not - I have several that are VERY realistic and others that are more like black on black polka dots & still others that make me wonder, "Is that really a cat fur fabric?" Many of my pieces are hand dyeds, several of which have chunks taken out of the middle from my "hyper-realistic" applique phase... So I "NEED" to use some of my lovelies & this is the PERFECT pattern. (I can be scrappy!) I am planning on using all kinds of scraps for the hearts - not sure about the backgrounds yet...

F. back to those shelves - so far they hold my PIGS (Projects in grocery sacks) that have been liberated from their bags. (Please tell me that with my ample supply of cloth bags that I can throw out the paper and plastic ones... I am a BAG lady & I am going through withdrawls as I empty my bags...)

G. one last peek in my mind - the Liberated pigs that I can recall off the top of my head are: @ 3 Judy Martin inspired patterns, 2 dogwood patterns, 2 pink & black projects, 2 pink and brown projects - 1 primary 1 secondary - yes I have a plan for my scraps!, 3 taupe projects, 1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 teritary - yes I have a plan for my scraps & and plan for that scraps that the second pattern will create!, something in orange/pink/raspberry - Irish Chain variation or 1/2 log cabin variation - or both..., blue & yellow cats - too many fabrics for 1 quilt...., something in plaid/striped homespun, CW repro. baskets, sushi quilt, ETC! REMINDER These are all uncut bundles of fabric with books and or patterns (or just ideas).

H. UFO's live else where....

I. Fabric collections (not just the cats - not yet slotted for a project will live on another shelving unit also form the container store... (Yes, I have the cover to protect the fabric from any light dammage.)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I used that "Love me, Love my cat" pattern in a block swap last year. I really liked the block so I've thought about using it again as a whole quilt.

Hedgehog said...

Holy moly! You sound organized and ready for a year of blizzards! Have fun!

Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've never heard of a mud sale, but I guess the name makes sense. The official name is The Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale.

EileenKNY said...

I'll be waiting to see the shelves, Amy. Thanks for remembering. Sounds like you're in total control there.