Wednesday, September 20, 2006

quiz-y quandry & quilty question (in red)

I have seen a ton of quizzes on blogs, I have even participated in a few, but I have never posted one to my blog & I not 100% sure why...

Most recently is the "What shade of green are you?" quiz. At first I barely glanced at it thinking with was what color instead of shades of green... The I saw so many greens.... As someone who made a Project Spectrum Green quilt, I can attest to the variety of greens out there! So I took the quiz & I am a different color that those that I have seen blogged! I am Mint Green. However, when I do those quizzes they invariably mess with my computer - so much so that this is my second time to write this post.... (Mint sounded pretty o.k. for me, but I can not share the mintyness here...) Back to no quizzes on my blog for me.

Quilty - In my condo, we have white crown molding.... I want to get some quilt hangers. The kind that can kind of look like crown molding.... Should I get them in white too? The other option would be a dark wood to kind of go with the other wood furnishings. Maybe like this: Quilt rack or this type not this kind... (I am also going to get a floor rack for the non-decorative aka grab and curl up in front of the TV quilts. In addition to two glass fronted storage chests...)

Remember that you can choose "other" when commenting. When you choose "other" you can leave your name & blog URL. (Or anonymous & sign your name.)

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

OK, I'm trying 'other.' :)

I have a medium oak quilt hanging rack, but we're sort of changing some of our furniture and decorating, so I'm thinking of either apinting it white or staining it darker. So maybe start with a wood stain color, and some time later if you want you could make it white. It's hard to go the other way -- paint to stain -- without stripping.

That being said, maybe if you're going to install them way up high, right under the crown moldings, maybe white would be nice. Anyway, white would 'disappear' more than wood. Hmmm, I'm not any help at all, am I?

Jeanne said...

Yupyupyup, other worked. But you still can't reply to me, can you?

Hedgehog said...

I'd say white. Although Jeane has a point about being able to change. I like the look of painted wood.

Shelina said...

I think it would be completely your preference. You can make your quilts your way, and I think the quilt police lets you choose your own quilt racks too. :)
It would depend on what look you are going for in your house, and how your quilts would look against the frame. More old fashioned quilts would probably look good with a wood color, more contemporary quilts with white.

Kay said...

I'm going to agree with shelina--she said just what I was thinking, but hadn't formulated yet. Do what you visualize as right. White would look more contemporary, but no rack showing at all is even more contemporary. There's some gizmo that lets you bury a magnet in the sleeve and then that sticks to another magnet which you attach to the wall, so the hanging apparatus is invisible. Personally since I don't have terribly willing handy men, I use a cafe rod (they come in all sizes), which I place on top of almost invisible tacks. That way the whole quilt
shows, and the hanging thing is very inconspicuous.

Mary said...

If I have time I usually look at the quizes but don't post them either. I was also a Mint Green.