Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just a quickie post

My grandparents are finally discussing moving into a Senior Apartment - so the "we have to get rid of stuff!" movement has begun!

I have been telling my grandmother for years thatthe only "thing" that I want is the quilt that er mother (my paternal great grandmother on my fathers mothers side) made. (I thought I was goingt o have to wait for the reading of the will & I know how she has been "storing" it...)

I got it yesterday! No photos yet, it is in a box along with some crocheted items that my paternal great grandmother on my fathers fathers side made.

The short version - I got some handmade items that two of my great grandmothers made.

I also got some woodworking items that my grand father made & a framed embroidery piece that my mother made in the early 1970's.

I hope to get some antique kitchen items when my grandmother actually moves - like an old glass rolling pin.

11 comments:

Jules said...

Last fall, my grandma, at the tender age of 92 moved from the farm to a senior apartment. I went with my dad to the auction. I came home with a lot more than I had planned. One cool thing was her mother's treadle machine and her father's violin.

Debra Spincic said...

Very cool! I am sure you can find a place of honor for these family heirloom pieces.

Libby said...

Each thing will be such a treasure for you to have.

Mary said...

That's exciting - can't wait to see the picture.

Anonymous said...

How very lucky you are to have these. Can hardly wait to see pictures!

Patti

Sweet P said...

My parents moved out of their home of 49 years this past June. I came home with treasures too. I can't wait to see pictures your new treasures.

Linda_J said...

how wonderful that family heirlooms exist and you moving into a new place soon.

cher said...

totally awesome news Amy

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your treasures. I really love old quilts (as if you couldn't tell from my last few posts).

susan H.

samantha said...

hope we get to see photos of these treasures- and hope the move goes well for your grandparents!

Cynthia said...

how lucky of you to be given those special pieces. Would love to see some photos of them.

Your quilt from your last post is great. Well done on completing it.