Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Here is THE problem

O.K. I took this quote verbatim from Debra at Debra's Design Studio. I could not have said it any better...To the best of my (Debra's and mine) knowledge (which is small), there is currently a thin line between blogger and blogger beta users that will not allow beta members to comment on blogger blogs if the only comments allowed are for blogger accounts.
If you only allow blogger accounts for comments, I cannot comment on your blog. If you allow others or anonymous comments, I can comment on your blog. I can post as other or anonymous with a blogger beta account. (Had I known. . .).
Once you have gone to the blogger beta, you are no longer a regular blogger. You cannot go back or go between the two systems at random. You choose beta, you stay beta. Or, you design a new blog.
I am sure in the close future, Google will figure out how to make the two systems compatible but until they do, we have to go behind their backs for comments.My suggestion is this --- turn on your Anyone feature in your preferences (Who can comment?). Then, I can comment.

I am trying to do wordpress - with limited success. (My photo did not show up...)

10 comments:

Rian said...

What a drag. Thanks for lettin me know...I almosed went beta.

Jules said...

Ok, Amy. I changed mine to anyone can comment. So you should be able to comment. Now I just need to write a post about which you would like to comment.

floribunda said...

similarly -- if I (old blogger) want to comment on your posts (beta blogger), I have to sign in as "other" -- figured this out after several attempts! It would be nice if blogger would tell us this instead of just saying "no -- can't post your comment!"

Debra Spincic said...

Hey, as long as it gets the word out--I am fine with you bloglifting the instructions. :-)

Debra Spincic said...

P.S. since we are both beta bloggers, my comment went through just fine here! Yea!

Laurie Ann said...

I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Laurie Ann said...

It was already on "anyone" on my blog. But at least now I know how to comment on yours.

Mary said...

OK, well I was hoping I'd be able to post but it wouldn't let me -- since I'm on the old blogger - I'll try Foribunda's solution and sign in as other.

Mary said...

OK, signing is as other let me post a comment but NOW my question is can you respond to me by email since I signed in as *other* I'm afraid it won't associate my email with my comment - can you try and let me know?

Ruth said...

This works for me for posting pictures in word press. Have your blog and flickr open in separate windows. Do a hard return to get to a new line to place the picture, then click once on the little tree icon when the box has fully loaded go to flickr right click on the picture you want and choose 'copy image location' return to wordpress and paste it into the box. Then you need to make sure that the image dimensions appear. sometimes it doesn't and you can fix this by clicking into the title box. Then hit 'insert'.

Does this make any sense? Hope you work it out, wordpress is a good system.