Thursday, September 28, 2006

Here comes trouble...

DSC01392 We are still getting stuff in place - the upholstered furniture is set to be delivered on the 10th - YAY! Here is Rhapsody our hostess in our entryway nook. This had been a coat closet, but the previous owner cut off the top part to open up the space. I got this bench at Crate & Barrel, it has 3 cubby holes below the cushion - maybe future quilt storage? (Probably more likely to hold bags & slippers...)

DSC01398 In our bedroom, we have a wall of book cases, this is the right side. I am not 100% sure that those quilts will stay there - I have other quilt storage locations in the living room... ( & some of these will be hung on the walls once the furniture is in place & we figure out what to hang - where...)

DSC01397 The left side (4 book cases total).

DSC01396 & the the trouble that my title alluded to... RB in my china hutch. I had just walked away to get another curio, turned around & look what I found! Now I know why I got a glass front cabinet!

9 comments:

Tonya R said...

My Lily looooves to sleep on top of the bookcases - she'd be sleeping up there on the quilts all the time, assuming she could get up there. Looks fun.

Jeanne said...

Ohohoh, did the dreidel get knocked down?!
You have so much done already -- it's looking good. That bench will be handy for coming in and getting unloaded.
My last bookshelf is being delivered today, and I can FINALLY unpack my books.

Libby said...

Cats are curious, for sure. Your bookcases are very nice. Hubby longs to have a room dedicated as a library. Walls lined with books *s*

Norma said...

Rhapsody looks pretty innocent in that cabinet. With a cute face like that it is hard to get mad at her, right?

Shelina said...

Oh my, that is my dream house with walls lined with shelves and books, and quilts, Oh my.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are making great progress in getting settled in! The furniture delivery will happen before you know it!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn
Starfishy

Sweet P said...

As much as I love cats, I'm glad I don't have one for that reason. They sure know how to get into everything! I do love seeing pictures of the adventures of everyone else's cat though.

tami said...

The new house is looking great. You can never have too much storage. Isn't it fun to get things situated?
I would say it's a very good thing you have a glass front. :o)

ForestJane said...

RB and Rhapsody are such pretty kitties - and Siamese are so full of themselves and insisting on checking everything out... :)