Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chihuly

I never did blog any of my Chihuly photos (The trip coincided with the blogger in beta fiasco.)
flowerwithreeds75 This one is one of my favorite photos. You see, I was able to focus on the flower and have the glass soft in the background. (I think that was part of Chihuly's idea with exhibiting in a garden...)
ferna75 Definately simpler & a nod to my green discussion earlier. :o)
boatg75 I am very happy with this composition.
boatcloseup75 As a blue & purple gal, I liked this boat/pondscape far better...
basketa75 Another favored photo (good POV on this one, IMHO)...

I guess that is enough for a taste... (There were a several other glass styles represented, so I could keep going & going & going - I meant I took over 200 photos...)

10 comments:

Ruth said...

They are awesome pictures, I love the blue and purple one, feel free to show as many as you want. I'll look at them.

Anonymous said...

oh how beautiful :) What is that place Amy? xoxo melzie

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I have found that having a digital camera has made me a better still life photographer because I am not afraid to experiment... gone are the days of $$$ for developing rolls of film for a few good shots! Even Little Boy has free rein with my camera and he is getting very good! Just don't forget to back up your photos... Staples just had 1 gigabyte chips for sale for $25 - a bargain!

Cheers!

Evelyn
aka Starfishy

Shelina said...

We had an exhibit like that at our conservatory a couple/few years back. Then they had some African artwork. I really like seeing artwork among the plants, whether it is glass, sculpture, etc.

Jules said...

Great pictures. I wanted to go see this exhibit when it was in Atlanta, but I didn't get around to it. It is great to see your pictures. Tomorrow I am going to go see Niki de Saint Phalle's work in the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Hopefully I can get some good pictures.

Deb R said...

These photos are beautiful and that looks like it was such a cool exhibit!

Samantha said...

Lovely exhibit- I love his work!!

Jeanne said...

The blues and purples are breathtaking!
Jeanne

Scrapmaker said...

I would love to have seen this show. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Jen

Deb H said...

I love the glass, I love Dale C's work. So interesting & organic looking. Great pics! Lucky you to get to see this in person!