Tuesday, September 12, 2006

09/12/06

Not much new to say... (I really had nothing to say yesterday - I am not there yet, I am not a "reliver" so all of the talk is a bit much for me...) Besides, in my line of work, September (August too...) is equal to Tax time for accountants - so why the HECK am I blogging? Glutton for punishment, I guess...

I am not sewing! (at all.) but I have a "hand" project out of the packing harms way - just in case.

On the home front - the "rent back" period ends tomorrow... So we actually take possesion on Thursday.

Bathroom demolition takes place on Saturday along with moving (we hired movers - so I am packing like mad) and two different furniture deliveries.

I am also knee deep into kitchen appliance replacement.... We need to schedule a site survey to verify what we want will fit & work with what we have....

Hopefully some "before" photos on Friday.... & During photos on Monday!

9 comments:

susan said...

Don't work too hard or stress out too much, though that is easy to say since I am not the one moving and remodeling! Hope all goes well with the actual moving process - no lost boxes or broken lamps.

It will all be back in place one day and will all be worth it!

cher said...

good luck with all that...it's lots of hard work and then lots of fun being a new homeowner.

Ruth said...

Good luck with the moving. It's a huge job.

McIrish Annie said...

Congrats on home ownership!!! You sound like you have lots going on! I will change my blog so you can comment. ( bad, blogger Beta, bad, bad, blogger Beta!)

i love your quilt and may have some of that crazy purple homespun. do you want?? email me your address and it will find a home in your new home. A housewarming present of homespun!! what could be more perfect???

Anonymous said...

Remember to keep your sense of humor. Sooner or later exhaustion sets in. Moving is never easy. You're Newlyweds - Make him kiss you every time he leaves the room "G".

Covered Porches and Wooden screen Doors

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your successful home search and the scheduled BIG move!!! I think I like to move - I always seem to be moving - it is a great way to purge clutter - I mean, how many DEAD pens does one really need? Ha! And, if things are still in boxes by my next move - I really need to consider why I am keeping them in the first place. But, yes, it is alot of work too. Don't forget to schedule some important "me" or "together" time through it all.

Cheers!

Evelyn
aka Starfishy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, this is all so exciting! And soooo much to get done right now!
I'm really thrilled for you that this part of your life plan is right exactly on track!
CAN'T WAIT to see pics!!!!
Jeanne :)

Shelina said...

It is so exciting to actually own a home - even though you closed a while ago. Keep up the good work, and remember to take a break now and then to breathe.

Anonymous said...

Email me and I'll hook ya up ;) melzie - litlmelzie@aol.com