Sunday, August 13, 2006

Round Robin....

Kim the Computer Peach is hostessing an Ostrich Robin & I am joining. I apparently don't have enough UFO's, WIP's, PIGs, etc. Not to mention moving, returning to school, etc.

Oh well, I was going to use a different cat block, but she is hiding...

So I will use this tiny paper pieced cat. And end up with a small quilt.

But Amy you hate to paper piece! Yes, I do, but I went to a guild show once and a gal was demo-ing Paper Piecing and she gave me this block. >^..^< I photographed it on my June Taylor Cut and Press, so that you can see the dimensions (@5 x 6) I think I will trim it some as that pink is a huge border for the tiny block.

I was going to use this (when I first could not find the cat) but it is too big... I have it here becasue I "NEED" some advice...

Should I remove the basket? I think I can add the funky tulips down below between the other tulips... (Would I need anything to replace the basket?)

FYI it says Baruch Habah in Hebrew - colloquially in English - Welcome. (The literal translation is "bless those who enter" only in singlar... there would be an "im" at the end of both words for the plural... So apparently I am only inviting 1 person at a time...) Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

quiltpixie said...

I think you could remove the basket if you don't like it, but I'm not sure why you'd take it off...

Love your RR centre. I'm waiting rather impatiently for the 15th to get the directions for round 1...

Dorothy said...

I like the basket - it repeats the hospitality of the greeting. And one guest at a time is plenty - fewer dishes and laundry that way. ;o)

computerpeach said...

Love your center!! I am not sure about the other one though.

Patti said...

Why would you take off the basket? It's a wonderful example of folk art just as it is. I wouldn't do anything with it.

Mary said...

So many fun things going on in blogland - I'm resisting them all and trying to work on my to do list in the limited time I have this month. I do plan to play along with Tonya's project but I won't start it until after August is over.

Susan said...

I think the pink is fine for the cat. Remember there will be seam allowance taken out by the next round, too.

If you don't like folkart, take off the basket, or just finish it as is and say that was your one foray into folk. =) And give it away.

Shelina said...

That is a nice center - good for a round robin. I like the basket too, but whatever you do with your quilt would be fine. Only one guest can enter into the house at one time, right. And you are making each individual guest feel special. I've been known to tell my only daughter that she's my favorite.

EileenKNY said...

Both of those blocks are fine as is. I think that if you quilt some more tulips into the welcome block, it'll do great.

the_quilter said...

So I am going to go against the flow here and tell you to take the basket off. My eye goes directly to the basket because it is so busy. I think it detracts from the word(s) and the tulips. Put the tulips from the basket with the other tulips to weight the bottom of the piece and use the now empty place for some fancy quilting. Just my 2 cents worth.