Sunday, August 13, 2006

My brain is broken!

I am too damn "in the middle" to be suffering from "old timers."

I forgot to thank everyone for the well wishes/congrats. about our new home. (The inspection went well yesterday.)

I also forgot to mention that I will be in training next week. Yes, I have had a heck of a lot of training in a fairly short period of time. They had issues with the start time for the classes, I was left off of a class list & the class filled-up with out me, I was in Australia for two weeks, the classes were scheduled only every so often, I could not take 2 at the same time, I can not take one in September, they all have to be finished by the end of September, so mine got all bunched up together... Oh well.

This class is in a "new to me" location, so I do not know if I will have computer access to keep up with blogging or not... (I can read some e-mail from my cell phone - text only.)

Back to the condo (the seller had another offer that got kicked out and that seller is still willing to buy if anthing happens to our offer - the market is slow, but this place is exceptional for the area/price) I will not be sharing photos from the listing... I will however try to get empty and filled shots... (That might motivate me to unpack everything - something I have not done in almost a decade!)

Also on the home front - we are moving from a studio apartment (I have been in master suites that are bigger...) into a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo... so the bed will go in the master bedroom, the table will go in the quilt studio, and we are inheriting a dinette. With that said, Michael & I are looking to buy a living room set... Luckily we have similar taste... :o)

I hope that is all that my brain forgot the first time... (I need to catch up at work before I get behind again & I have a date with my GF in Baltimore... UGH, I have already spent too much time on the computer.)

O! O! O! I forgot - I started to sew my buggy barn cats last night - Uck! (I then read how to sew them & then proceeded to unsew everthing I sewed together. This will be my first & last Buggy Barn quilt!)

O.K. brain, have you remembered anything else?

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Amy!

I haven't been online for days, and I just read your wonderful news!!!! Congratulations on finding a BIG place and within your budget, too! How wonderfully exciting! :)

I'm not familiar with the DC metro area: will the new place impact your commute, or Michael's? Closer or farther to family and other activities?

Woohoo -- mid-September, that's right around the corner!

Hugs ~ Jeanne

jpquilter said...

I love the buggy barn concept - just not the reality - how fun to be moving into your new condo - what will you do with all that room :)

Susan said...

You are going to feel as if you moved into a castle . . . for a while. =) Are you sharing the second bedroom as an office/sewing room area?

Those pics of the old instruments recycled are kinda cool.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

It's no wonder you're forgetting things with so much on your mind. Take a deep breath and relax. :-)

Mama Koch said...

I just received a BB book....don't scare me like that!

Gina E. said...

Hey Amy, I have addressed your parcel to the address you gave me on July 30th. The parcel is coming via economy air - will you still be at that address in 2- 3 weeks time?