Friday, August 25, 2006

just a couple of things

These quilts are from a local quilt show that I attended quite a while ago by now... (So long I don't remember which one - maybe Annapolis) Sorry no makers information either...

I bet you can't tell why I took this photo. It wasn't the Ginko leaves, although I like them too... (I also like the border print.)
The cat's pyjammas - I saw that pattern once upon a time ago & even considered doing one of these myself... (I am happy enough to see it.)

I also thought I would query what people are doing for Labor Day - if it is a holiday for you... Around here it is a mixed blessing, yeah it is nice to have a day off, but September is very busy around here... Also Some people who do not have the day off, have to take it off becasue it is a school holiday, in some cases just a few days after school started!

Michael &I have been planning to go to NYC to see his family and the Chihuly exhibit at the New York Botanical Gardens.

Since making the decision to see the exhibit, it has been a comedy of errors...
First, our original date had to be changed because of Michael's work.
Second, Michael's mom has had to have surgery & a second surgery to fix a mistake (& possibly a third.) Thankfully she is o.k. considering. But prior to her surgeries, Michael got tickets for her - now her have a couple extra tickets...
Third, we found a condo to purchase & all that that entails.
Fourth, our usual bus transportation is having legal issues - they now have a new location, that is not as convenient for us, we have reservations on a different bus, there is a third bus that Michael is looking into, etc.
Fifth, the cat boarding timing may now be very close instead of just close... Like Michael even suggested dropping them off a day early.

That is enough, right?

This weekend, I'll be packing. I hope to hire movers for the 16th or 17th of September. :o)

Oh I feel so much better getting all of that out into the open. (In the old days before the "No shopping in August" I would have been consoling myself in the fabric store.) Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

martha in ny said...

wow Amy, you have alot going on! I am so happy about the condo. And I hope Mike's mom is done with all the medical issues.I know I missed something! How long do you have to board the cats???

Patti said...

Wow Amy - you wouldn't have time to fabric shop even if you weren't in the no-buying mode. Sorry to hear about Michael's mother - hope all is OK now. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip - Chuhily's stuff is incredible - it's just too bad there was so much hassle surrounding it.

Most schools around here don't start until the Wednesday after Labor Day so that isn't much of an issue. The school where Fred teaches has always started the Wednesday before Labor Day, and he likes that. That means the kids have a 3 day week first, then a 4 day week, and then a 5 day week. Sort of eases them into the school routine. He reported back on Tuesday so he's already worked three days this week.

I know Fred will golf all three days. I'll do a little exercising - I'll force myself to do that - do some meal planning and grocery shopping, and then spend 90% of the three days doing something quilty. I can hardly wait!

Laurie Ann said...

Good luck with the move. How very exciting! We don't get labor day off because the students are just starting school next week and they don't want to have a holiday so soon. So we get a fake "Labor Day" in three weeks. Weird, huh?

quiltpixie said...

hope you enjoy the exhibit when you finally get there.... it'll be a nice break from the packing and the choas of moving

ForestJane said...

The fishy quilt looks great! Have you got a picture of the whole thing?

Hope you have a great little trip, and that all your transportation issues get solved smoothly!

Sweet P said...

You do have lot going on! As for me I will be going to the Deutsche Bank Golf Tournament in Norton, MA. Tiger Woods plays in this tournament and we go every year. It's 3 - 4 days of being at the golf course 8 - 10 hours and then relaxing in the evening.

Good luck with the move. Someday we'll be doing the buy and move too.

Libby said...

*whew* I'm tired just reading your schedule. You'll need to get away for a break from it all. Just let everything happen as it comes and it will all sort out in the end.

Norma said...

I love those cat quilts--especially the second one. I have never seen that pattern before. Good luck with your packing and move. A holiday to NYC is probably a great idea right now!

Linda_J said...

I wondered if the condo was still a "go"--guess so if you are packing. Around here hubby is retired and I don't work so Labor Day is just another day. Sorry to her about your MIL's difficulties.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Busy, busy! Despite everything you listed - I would still try to get away to NY for a few days - a change of scenery is usually a good thing when you are so busy.

Cheers!

Evelyn

EileenKNY said...

Hope your trip does happen. It's crazy when so many things can go awry.
Labor Day is usually a day of relaxation for us but this year, our daughter has to move into her dorm in Albany on Labor Day weekend. Can't even go on Saturday, has to be Sunday and/or Monday.
Sorry to hear your MIL has had such a bad experience with her surgeries. Glad to hear it's all getting better now.

the_quilter said...

I got an apology from BlogLines for the bad code they published on Thursday night. It's in my comments section right under your comment. How 'bout that? By the time I saw his answer, I had already done what he suggested. *shrug* /paula

Cynthia said...

Your certainly have a lot going on at the moment. Hope everything works out well in the end.

Shelina said...

Goodness, how would you find time to go fabric shopping?