Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Have I mentioned....

Have I mentioned that I HATE (& I don't just throw that word around - I use dislike) blogger beta?

I don't like what I have to do to get to the "dashboard." (I can't describe it, but it was more intuitive the old way.)

I really hate trying to leave comments.

I have to "sign in" EVERY TIME.

Then they don't like what I did & I go to a different page because "this blog does not accept anonymous comments." HELLO I tried to sign in.

Then they want me to sign in with my google account. HELLO is that not what I just did?

Then I get to a "this page can not be displayed" error page. That I close out of, then I go back to "try again" because I had something to say - might not have been profound, but darn it, I had something to say. To find that my comment was there...

Go to the next blog and REPEAT!

UGH!

I can not say that I would suggest moving to blogger beta....

11 comments:

Melzie said...

Whats odd is its different for me leaving a comment on beta's also. Well beta usually means testing, I know I will definitely wait til the bugs are worked out. Hope they fix it all up for you soon! :( xoxo melzie

McIrish Annie said...

thanks for the update will avoid blogger beta like the plague!!! though regular blogger has been kind of funky lately also.. maybe too many quilt blogs!!!

Linda_J said...

Judy said the same thing! And the blogs on beta seem to make comments a little more testing for us that are still in the other format. Plus bloglines says there is something whacky with your feed!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I know exactly who has updated because I always have to allow my computer to go to a secure server, etc. etc. etc. I never change a thing as long as it is working - much to the amazement of the computer guy who I had in last week simply because I was running off of 3 different computers (on the same desk) because they all had different programs and were hooked up to different printers! Ah yes, he was rolling his eyes, but with a smile. And in anycase, I now can run all my programs/printers off of 1 computer. Yeah. But, I was biting my nails during the entire stressful process.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Nancy said...

I have to say after the problems Judy had and now those you're having when it comes time to MAKE us switch I'll probably be exploring the blog that comes with my unused website!

Fiona said...

I'm not switching (until I absolutely have to). According to bloglines you'd made 27 posts since yesterday. Well, I know you're a prolific blogger but there had to be something awry there.

Jeanne said...

Yup, with bad reports from both Judy AND you, I'm not planning to change any time soon!

Have a great trip to the exhibit this weekend ... even if it rains!

Jeanne :)

Passionate Quilter said...

do we have to switch? after Judy's problems and then yours, I have no desire! I'm just figuring out things on blogger and would sure hate to change now. Sorry you are having so many problems--takes too much valuable time!

jean-sophie said...

I think a lot of bloggers won't jump to try the NEXT blogger. I'm glad my life was keeping me too busy or I would have been tempted to leap, too. Hang in there.

Gail said...

Hmmm, I didn't switch, but starting a few days ago, I can't leave a comment without signing in on the first one. The sign in stays for all comments until I leave bloglines, then if I come back I have to do it all over again. I used to just be signed in automatically as I entered the site. Wonder how/why it changed-like it before better!

Mary said...

Good to know - I'll stick with the old version!