Monday, August 21, 2006

GUSH warning

My big helper kitty, Rhythm & Blues. AKA RB, but knows Arb for when he is being a holy terror. Isn't he cute? I had to start a new box for my books so that he would not have to move... Rhapsody was not interested in the boxes...

August no buy up date: I met with my mini-group in the back of a quilt shop no less & did not buy anything! (I was tempted buy the large selection of golds... Not sure why, but I was...) I try to buy stuff there because they host our group monthly for FREE! They had a lot of the fabric that was too much of a temptation for Patti. But not the polka dots that I liked. (yet. The owner thinks they ordered the whole line.)
In the begining, I was going to share 6 very similar photos of my helper kitty. Yes, he is sitting on some of my quilt books.

Back to quilting... Judy of Quilting with Ragdolls fame has finally shared the "whole" quilt that is made up of funny shaped - tumblers - blocks. YAY Isn't it lovely...

A little over a week ago, I chatted about those taupes and my glorious plans for using my collection...If you look at the "Whole" Quilt that I linked to above and then find the block that is in the third row from the bottom & is the second one from the left, you will see TINY tumblers. Well as fate would have it, one of my friends has this very BOM - I am not sure that she is or ever will make it, but she has it... & she let me borrow that "thimble" acrylic template since as I mentioned previously, that is on my "I want to do" list. (too bad it is tertiary for that fabric collection...) Maybe I'll breakdown when we get into the new condo....
Speaking of, What can/should I use for a design wall? (Something that I can buy at Lowes or Home Depot preferred & that will only be semi-permanent. I thought homosote, but I was told that it is hard to pin into.)

While I may not be commenting, I am almost caught up with my blog reading... I am loving all of the 1 hour a day variations that you gals are making!

Thanks for all of the great comments. (I pointed out the errors more for my benefit that anything else, but I'll leave them out next time. Maybe.)
 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Libby said...

Just make sure your boxes are sans kitties before you seal them up *s*

EileenKNY said...

I've heard that a good foundation for a design wall is the rigid foam insulation. It's light and easy to pin. I read somewhere how one girl used duct tape and put 3 together so it looked like one of those tri-fold screens.
What kind of cat is your kitty?

Sweet P said...

Here is a good link on making a design wall:
http://quilt.com/FAQS/DesignWallFAQ.html

Lots of ideas there. As for me, I am getting a portable fabric covered wall divider from our office to use as a design wall. I can't wait to get it later this week.

Your cat is adorable. Why is it that cats always want to be where you don't want them to be?

ForestJane said...

awww, I think he knows exactly how well the brown of the box makes his fur look even more sleek and shiny. :) What a pretty boy.

Susan said...

My design wall is foam core. I got a big sheet at the art store when we had a house, and DH framed it, after I covered it with cotton batting. Then he hung it on the wall for me. Now, I just have a little piece of it, with the batting, by the door. I use the cotton batting because stuff sticks to it. Foam core is pretty cheap stuff, pins go right in.

Susan said...

Oh, for a portable one, or one that can fold away? Get one of those flannel backed plastic table cloths. Use the flannel side.

Tazzie said...

RB is just way too cute! Of course you couldn't tip him out of his box!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)