Monday, August 07, 2006

The Boys of Summer

This photo is from last year, but the players are the same as is the location & the two teams...

My friend Vanessa works for the Orioles during the season & is able to get complimentary tickets. So I take my husband to see the Yankees once a year.

So on Sunday, that is what we did. However, Vanessa had to work this year...

We also went to JoAnnes & I did not buy any fabric, I wasn't even tempted! I was going to buy a new pair of scissors - 48% off coupon... But I got a new magazine instead! The 9-patch special by Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. But my copy did not come with the center pullout...

Also at JoAnns, I got one of those cute bistro patio sets - might have jinxed myself there...

The only quilting that went on this weekend, was that I traced my Buggy Barn crazy cats pattern onto freezer paper and cut them out! (I am hoping that the buggy barn patterns are as forgiving as they appear as I know some of my lines are "off.") The best part, while I was cutting the pattern, I was able to trim a nice amount off of the sides for Tonya lettersPosted by Picasa

12 comments:

Norma said...

I am anxious to hear how the Buggy Barn Crazy Cat quilt comes along. I have looked at that pattern, but have not yet weakened enough to buy it. *VBG*

computerpeach said...

I saw that quilt while on Shop hop - I was tempted to buy it and the buggy barn pineapple quilt - too bad they didn't come in the same book!!

dot said...

Your husband is a good man, he likes the Yankees. I got that magazine also. I like the ideas in it. Simple but nice.

Cynthia said...

Thanks for posting the link to the Crazy Cat quilt. Now i know what it looks like. I like the design.
I'll be watching the progress you make with this quilt.

cher said...

happy to catch up with you Amy

Barbara said...

Wow only one pair of siccors that was really good! can't wait to see you progress on the cat quilt

Screen Door said...

Good going on the purchasing restraint.. I was giggling, I told my husband about it and he laughed and said,'with Eric college tuition you need to hold it over to Sept. Oct. Nov...'yeah, right!?!?
Melanie

May Britt said...

OH.....I simply love that crazy cats. Just a pattern of my taste. I think I have to order that pattern. WOW............

quiltpixie said...

hope the letters were trimmed intentionally, and not just hidding under the stuff you were cutting for the pattern and got trimmed :-)

Laurie Ann said...

Yes, the two BB crazies I did were pretty forgiving. I am going to do another one soon and I am looking forward to it. Can't wait to see your cat one!

Libby said...

Have fun with your Buggy Barn. I have enjoyed their patterns so much.

Susan said...

I saw a buggy barn cats being put together at a quilt shop class last week. That's is one cute quilt!