Thursday, August 03, 2006

As if I need a new quilt pattern...

I am in love with Rebecca's Sunflowers quilt! I also like the inspiration piece.

Truth be told though, I have a CW repro version of that basic design as a UFO... (I have all of my pieced triangles, I just need to cut my solid triangles and get back to piecing it together....) Dawn has one started & she shared photos of Lucy's and Bonnie's.

Mine is "similar" to those three & I am using Fons and Porter's pattern.

"Similar" = mine uses strings of varying widths I think Dawn, Bonnie, Lucy, Rebecca & Fons and Porter used strips....

5 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Yeah, I am in love with Rebecca's sunflowers too!!!

Marcie said...

ALL those string star quilts are so cool! I loved the link to Dawn's and seeing the great fabrics up close. I wasn't blogging then and didn't catch that post. thanks for sharing!

quiltpixie said...

ahhhh a new UFO is born ???

jpquilter said...

can't wait to see your version of this beautiful quilt pattern

Susan H. said...

Is there anything such as too many patterns? Patterns bring me ALMOST as much pleasure as new fabrics to pet and stroke.