Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sydney - The Rocks

We arrived in Sydney on Sunday, so we were able to check out the weekend market - great fun!

These are some views of The Rocks, the old part of Sydney and specifically the weekend market where I was able to get some faux antique postcards (cool), some old Australian coins - I sort of collect them - and a few other odds and ends.

On this specific weekend they had a special event going on called "Art on The Rocks" where artists (painters, musicians, etc.) were making art in different locations around The Rocks area.

I don't know why, but I tend to try to get photos of pieces of bulidings... This is the top of what used to be a police station in the Victorian era. (It is a military history shop now - not photographic...)

The Rocks is full of tiny alleyways and such, I really liek photographing them too...

We had walked up stairs and around buildings & through many alleys to end up above The Rocks area - I almost missed this shot! Pretty neat, huh?

No comments: