Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sydney - The pictures you expect to see...

As you can see we were trying to take pictures at the wrong time of the day.... From the Domain near Mrs. MacQuarie's chair.


A little better...

Hey, I have a fancy dancy new camera with "filters" let me try again. Not to shabby...

You can walk across the Sydney Harbor Bridge for free. There is a Pilon that I believe you climb for a fee. Or you can pay to walk on the curved part to the top... We did not have the time, nor the inclination to do any of these options...

Likewise, you can tour the Sydney Opera House for free, but this is as close as we got. I would have if my musically inclined husband showed an interest, but he didn't.

Aside: Musically inclined... He attended the school associated with this 80's Movie. (So did Jennifer Anniston, but she was in the acting part while Michael was in the instrumental music part. He even had to audition to get in to the school.)


My favorite photo of the Sydney Opera House! I tried to get this shot several times before I realized that I needed to set the camera down onto a sturdy flat surface. Luckily from where we were in The Rocks on a hill, the curb on the side of the sidewalk was perfect!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Great pics, Amy - they are bringing back lots of memories for me, as we were there in February last year. The Rocks is a fascinating place; I also took heaps of photos there (but not digital, otherwise I would put some on my blog). Bondi Beach is just another beach. Sydneysiders rave about it because it is theirs, but there are beaches like that and better all around Australia's coastline.

Karen said...

You took that gorgeous photo with the camera down on a curb, that's remarkable! Wonderful pictures.