Monday, July 17, 2006

Quick Update...

Yesterday (After finishing my homework assignement...) I pieced all of the blocks together into a top! I have two ideas for border.... narrow inner with piano key from the scraps or just fabric - the one that I would use for the narrow inner.... (It is purple but a different one that those in the blocks...)

I have more leftovers because I over cut - did not read the strip piecing bit...

So I was planning on using them in a quilt similat to one by Denyse Schmidt (dsquilts.com - I can't hyperlink on this computer...) called Hop Skip and Jump - I think... It is in her book, not online.... I don't have the book... But even if I did, I would not be using her templates - my blocks will be smaller... (I think her blocks are something like 15 inces square - I have leftovers because my pieces were not 11.5 inches long for the strip piecing...)

9 comments:

Screen Door said...

I just read your post and went back and looked at your purple project. It looks like stain glass windows... it really does. I'm glad you got the homework out of the way first. That way you don't have it hanging over you and you can enjoy the quilting completely.
Melanie

Cathi said...

Wow! You are fast! My parents are spending their last week in Washington now, might not be shop hopping with you for a long while! :(

Shelina said...

Congratulations on finishing your top. And for having a plan for your scraps.

quiltpixie said...

looking forward to seeing the border on it, it's sure to be beautiful

Deb R said...

I really like the piano keys idea, but I'm sure it'll be gorgeous whichever way you go with it.

Samantha said...

FYI, the Denyse Schmidt blocks are really big, and also, when I enlarged the Snake Charmer templates per the book's instructions, it turned out they were too big. I would enlarge the hop skip and jump templates LESS than 400% and go for it, if Iw ere you!

Laurie said...

I like the piano keys idea...I always think that is a great way to finish a scrappy quilt! Have fun!
Hugs
Laurie

Lizzy said...

I like your blocks. And the verity of your fabrics is very eye catching.

Jeanne said...

Hi Amy! I'm getting some computer time and trying to get around the blogs. Sounds like you're doing great on the purple!
Jeanne