Monday, July 10, 2006

Project Spectrum update

Last night I finished the strip piecing part of my quilt including the pressing and sub-cutting.

I am now ready to zip through some blocks. (The tedious part will be sewing the blocks together into a quilt... getting all of those legs to go together!)

After sub-cutting, I had on average 1 to 1.5 left over on the strip set and for about 1/2 an hour I though about using them as some sort of chinese coins sort of mini quilt - but I came to my senses! (& Threw them away... I do not need another UFO...)

I am now doing the ten minutes here ten minutes there blogging (while on breaks from my training.)

5 comments:

Shelina said...

Maybe you can do your chinese coins when you are done with your main project.

Nancy said...

I hate to throw those end tags from strip sets away too. I toss them in a bin and maybe one day I'll use them in some crumb blocks. But more than likely they'll either go in the trash or in a baggy to take to Bee for someone who does like using these kinds of leftover bits.

Screen Door said...

Don't train too hard... The quilting is your break time for sanity. Have fun...
Melanie

quiltpixie said...

I too have thought of Chinese coins at times... maybe when project pectrum is done you can sew a few strips together...

jpquilter said...

nice work tossing those little pieces - they are the things I have so much trouble parting with but even more trouble using up