Thursday, July 27, 2006

Oh Darn!

I just had a nice post going complete with hyper-links, but the computer killed it!

So I will dutifully try again....

Last night I unsewed the pink border.

Piano key was suggested, but I have done that a few times now & am not feeling it again... (Anyone else feel that way? -Not just about piano key borders, maybe about doing the same quilt blocks, or just slapping on a plain border - like I tried to do with the quilt to begin with... etc.)

All of the "good" borders need a light fabric, IMHO.

I think I have "some" of my light left... depending on how much, I may applique a couple of hearts or I may piece a few light stars - to be the opposite of those in the body.

Luckily, I know how I can use the pink that I just took off - my black batik bricks quilt, which happens to still need a border, but will get a plain black border so that fancy quilting will show up nicely.

Quilt show blues... I wish I did not know about the show in Hershey this weekend, then I would not miss not going.

no hyper-links this time... sorry, I just want to get this posted.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. That's one reason I like using scrappy backgrounds too - can't run out if it's scrappy! Of course, I happen to like the look of a scrappy background better too which helps.

tami said...

Funny, I didn't read blogs yesterday and when I went into bloglines it said you had 19 new posts. I thought there was something wrong, but lo and behold you do have that many. The pictures of Australia are beautiful. I have always wanted to see Australia. What a great place for a honeymoon.

I get bored with the same borders too. I'm always afraid people will look at my quilts and say "doesn't she know how to do anything else?"

Linda_J said...

Something easy pieced for that border??? You could form a zig zag effect if you use those exquisite centers and put them end to end.

Piano keys, while easy, are done to death. You are probably just going to be happy to be done with all this--period.

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, I had a lot to catch up on. The purple quilt is spectacular and I just love the piano key border. I am glad you are redoing the one on your wedding quilt. That is extra special and you want to be happy with it. I had a picture with all my BOM about a month ago. I'll take another when I get this months BOM made! Love the Aussie pics!

jpquilter said...

sorry you don't get to go to the show - maybe there will be a good quilt show on PBS to keep you company while you quilt

quiltpixie said...

glad you got the frog stitching out of the way... I'm sure you'll be happier with your next border.

Hanne said...

When in doubth or short on fabrics I often make a rectangle border from the fabrics I have used in the quilt. I also did on my Sunshine quilt, even if it does not show very well on the photo. The border rectangles are cut 3" x 6". A couple are a little shorter, due to lack of fabrics, but no one can tell ;-)