Wednesday, July 26, 2006

More from Melbourne

Here it is, Federation Square. As I understand it, a lot of people really do not like this building (none of our drivers did...). But it is situated near several "old" buildings & in my opinion, by chooseing something "different" they are not competing with the old buildings.... If that makes any sense.
This map is in the visitors center that is in Federation Square. (It is on a wall, but still the buildings are dimensional...)
This is on the sidewalk outside of the building (& it was on the backside of one of my Australian dollars....) I think it is a cool graphic representation of the country - maybe quilt worthy..... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

These are all great piccies of my lovely city - you should think of selling them to one of our Aussie calendar producing companies! Tourists always take better photos of a city than the residents, I find. Sorry I can't help you with any information about the latin inscription...SEVERELY embarrassed that I don't know about that icon! (goes looking on the Internet)