Monday, July 24, 2006

I forgot....

Last week, I mentioned how I was going to use my "Leftover" purples (Since I cut wrong and too much!) & whites to do a Denyse Schmidt inspired quilt. I also admitted that I did not know the book... Well as luck would have it, the pattern that I want to use is a free one that you can get through the Free Spirit fabrics website. The specific link is right here: Hop, Skip, & Jump. So you too can make one for free! She calls it Flea Market Fancy - I have no idea where I came up with Hop, Skip, & Jump but it fits & my quilts generally have names... I am still not using the templates!

5 comments:

Mrs. Moody said...

I have heard that one called Hop, Skip and A Jump as well. I would do that one without using the templates and make it more of my own. I just couldn't keep cutting on the template and moving it each time. That just is wasting time to me. I would just cut fun strips with a couple fabrics on top of each other and then you would make sure they would line up since you are making the same cut on each.

Shelina said...

That's a nice name for a quilt.

Norma said...

I am with you--who needs those templates? I think you can achieve the same results just by cutting your seam lines a litte skewed. I do think the name is cute though. Be sure and show us pictures of your version.

Samantha said...

The patern in her book is called A Hop, Skip and A Jump. The fabric line she is promoting with the free pattern link is Flea Market Fancy- so she probably renamed the free version to match the line?

Mary said...

I can't believe you posted the directions for that quilt. I'd seen it in an ad in one of my quilting magazines and ripped it out. I figured I could write my own directions but now I don't need to bother - Thanks!