Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A few things

I was going to repost the wedding signatures star quilt with the medium floral batik border that I don't "like" and noone came to her rescue, but alas blogger is not playing nice. (I used picassa this morning.) So I am going to do something that I "never" do. I am going to remove the border and try again. I am a "done is better than perfect" kind of gal. But as Mary pointed out, this is a special quilt. Since I only have dark batik scraps, I am contimplating a lasagne border. You can see one here on Bonnie's blog. Any ideas... Please tell me what you think - any alternate ideas?

And I think I am now finished with the Australia part of this quilter's travel blog. (For about half of a second I thought about making a second blog...) Thanks for putting up with me...

And finally, there is a big-ish quilt show in Hershey, Pa. this weekend, but with $3.20 on average per gallon, I am not going to cajole my husband into going. (If I could hitch a ride, I would go, but I am not driving.)

4 comments:

quiltpixie said...

what about a piano key border? In mymind hte lasagne border just doesn't feel like a finished border... not enough sense of frame usually for my style... Whatever "fits" for you though as this is YOUR special quilt...

Mary said...

I looked through one of my border books but since you don't have any of the light fabric left a lot of them wouldn't work.

I like the idea of a piano key border.

Laurie said...

Holy Cow Amy! You have been busy! LOVE LOVE the pics! They are gorgeous...your honeymoon looked like an unforgettable trip!
hugs
Laurie

Sandra said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your Aussie adventures. You have been to places I have never seen and I live here!!! I'm glad you liked it enough to want to come back and see more :-)