Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A few sights from Melbourne

The is far from the best photo, but the timing of our visit (evening) and the time that we had in the city (minimal) were not on our side. The yellowish building is the train station & the building that looks a bit like a rock next to it is Federation Square. (I hopefully will have another shot of it... it is a very unusual building.) The river is the Yarra. We are on an old train bridge that is now a pedestrian walkway with intersting sculptures and signs that show where in the world people come/came from to live in Australia. (including percentages & such.)
This lamp is on a bridge that crosses the Yarra.
This is a close up of the lamp base, I love the way it has been painted to show the details of what I assume is the city crest. (let me know if I am wrong...) Posted by Picasa

No comments: