Monday, July 31, 2006

Blogger & Picassa are behaving badly

I have photos, but I apparently can not share them using either site! Wah!

My blog du jour was/is/will be about (I'll post the photos - eventually) the last month of Project Spectrum - Neutral. In my book a neutral is any color that could appear on a cat naturally so I am including some orange...

I am doing buggy barn crazy cats found in this book. Yay, at least by following the last link, you can see the original quilt & I don't have to post my photo of the quilt in the book. The cats need to be made of dark, medium, and light fabrics & I've got those selected - thank you black and cream - you make everything else look medium! Thanks for reminding me about that book - it has been living in my "cat fur fabric" stash. Cat fur fabric = anything that when used will look sort of realistic as a cat. I have a lot, some hand dyed, some Moda marbles, some chopped into already - do you remember the realistic cat appliques on the colored stars that I have been sharing - those kinds of fabric too.

From the photo in the book, you can see that they used plaids... (My fabrics are more "modern" - concentric squares, dots, stripes... most of the 12 fqs are NEW - I am so bad... I did not want to use the "chopped into pieces." This is my first Buggy Barn quilt & I am not sure how much of the FQ is needed, I also did not want to use the fabrics that I want to use for applique, etc. excuses.) You can also see that they made flower blocks. I don't want to make "neutral" flowers, so I am making plain (or maybe Tonya lettered words - like "crazy cats") squares in those spaces. AKA fun places for quilting (like the halloween houses near the bottom of this link) also ala Tonya. You see I love the layout - even though I could just as easily take the 12 cats and make a 3 x4 layout.

I hope that covers all that I tried to post earlier...

After quilting, we must return to life (AKA avoiding homework) Michael & I went house hunting on Saturday & Sunday, we like the first place we saw... So cross your fingers that enough "things" will fall into place...

And that brings me to a couple of responses (not replies) to some blogs out there... Yay for the August fabric depression - $$ goes to house, o.k. condo.

I saw a last mad shopping spree & did not feel so bad for my own shopping cart that started at $76 and dwindled down to near $40 - but is now "gone." - I love internet shopping - hit the "X" and it is all gone. If those kitties are still available when my budget is stronger, then they will be worth the wait.

8 comments:

quiltpixie said...

sounds like the next cat project is purring along through the planning stages :-) I keep hearing about internet shopping and deleting the cart before you buy it all -- I'd be too afraid of the temptation to just give them my card numbers :-)

Nancy said...

Well Durn It! Now I NEED that book and I've promised myself no new books, patterns or magazines. Guess I COULD order it today but then I think that'd be cheating a bit. So I'll just have to file the idea away until September.

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, that quilt will be so neat! I've made the heart crazies and the crazy crazies pattern and loved them both. They need a dog one now!!

Fiona said...

Those cats look cool - I think yours will be good in the modern fabrics you describe. I love internet shopping - it's the thrill of getting stuff through the post - makes me feel like a little kid again.

Tonya R said...

Those are some fun cats. I can see the freepieced letters going really well with those.

On my Terms of Endearment quilt, all the words are quilted in through all three layers. I did that first with the embroidery floss and now I'm quilting fans around it with the normal quilting thread.

Lisa D. said...

I recently bought two of the Buggy Barn books and I'm anxious to try their technique, though not anytime soon. I will be watching your blog to see the progress of your cat quilt - can't wait!

martha in ny said...

Good luck with the house hunting!!

funny videos said...

Good luck with the cat quilt, and house shopping.