Friday, June 30, 2006

weekend

Well with the weekend comes JULY and I am ready for purple. You guessed it, the project spectrum color for July is purple. I am going to do a quilt that you can see here at Be*Mused & get the recipe too! You can see another colorway here: walk in the garden.

Mine will be scrappy purple. :o) I have a great selection of everything from lavendar to eggplant to redish purple to "is that blue." I even have some "envelope pushers" - the ones that have green polka dots on a purple background...

I am really excited to work on this one - I guess I just like to start quilts...

I have to work on Monday - so no long weekend getaway. But aside form running errands, I should have some sewing time. :o)

On Monday, I will get back to Australia...

10 comments:

Jules said...

That quilt should look awesome in purple. I am having fun watching the Porject Spectrum quilts.

Bonnie said...

What a great pattern - and in purple it will be stunning. Yes it is fun to start a new quilt - much more fun than making those last two blocks!

Gail said...

And yet another one I want to add to my 'to do' list - it will be great in purples.

quiltpixie said...

Enjoy the purple!

Passionate Quilter said...

Glad to hear you are not drowning or suffering too much from all that rain. I loved your blue quilts, your brick one and I like the one you are going to be doing in purples. I decided not to join in that project spectrum--too much on my plate. But I'm enjoying watching everyone else do it!

Vicky aka stichr said...

That is a great pattern!

Hanne said...

What a special quilt. It will be good in purple

Norma said...

I just love the quilt pattern you have chosen for your Project Spectrum. Keep us posted with the progress!

cher said...

this looks like loads of fun and you can't go wrong with such a variety of purples! looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Samantha said...

That quilt of Jan's is great- I'm excited to see your in purples.