Monday, June 12, 2006

Two Isles

O.K. I had really good things to say about Two Isles, now I just hope the post gets posted... Between me and blogger and the traffic on htis network, I have tried to post this about a dozen times today! Captain Cook named all of the Islands, some days he was more inspired that others...
So some highlights: (A) You can't take anything off of the Island, so there is an impromptu shrine... You know you walk around and pick stuff up, then you get to the begining and need to leave it, times a lot of people...
Do you see that conch shell? Or at least what I think is a conch shell? It was about 2 feet wide... (30 cm). And completely unbroken!

(B) While Michael learned to snorkel, I took a walk with the Naturalist. By now there were only about 4 walkers, everyone else was ready to get wet! On the previous walk, he went barefoot while I wore my crocs. Judy's are lime green, mine are black... So Idecided to go barefoot this time - not a good idea for a tenderfoot... While walking we saw several black tipped reef sharks and a skate.


I don't know about china, but this piece looks old & made me think about ancient shipwrecks...

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow, those huge shells are great!
Jeanne