Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Reef Adventures 3

These are all from near Lizard Island. There are differences in what you see depending on where you are. Some can not handle the rougher surf that is found farther out away from land.

This was my first experience snorkeling & boy was I impressed. with after thought, I realize that it is a bit sandy looking over all - but some of the things you are about to see, you don't see farther out... So there are good things about both locations.

This is a giant clam. It is every bit of 3 ft. x 6 ft.!

Do you see the blue star fish - cool, huh! I love that shade of blue.
Here is another blue star fish with crevice clams.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

I'm loving all these pics, but had to comment on the blue starfish. That is WAY cool!

Karen said...

OH! Love the blue starfish!!