Wednesday, June 28, 2006

rain, rain go away

I have been thinking about blogging about our weather event here in Washington, DC but I did not want to jinx us...

Michael & I are fine. For the most part we have even been lucky with not even being outside when it is raining.

We do live in a basement apartment, but it is mid-hill... With that said the apartment in front of us flooded, but that apartment has had seepage problems in the past - you may recall my flood last year - that was because they broke the water main while trying to fix the seepage issue...

My car is even higher up on the hill.

My commute to class has been uneventful, because I have been able to take my bus to a subway station that was not effected and I traveled in a direction that was also not effected.

According to the weathermen/women, this is the most rain in the Mid-Atlantic since Hurricane Agnes in 1972. (The most rain not associated with a tropical storm - period.)

Also on the weather front, we had our driest March on record and theis will be the wettest June on record.

Finally, we average 33 inches of rain a year, we have had about 1/3 of that in that last few days!

I finally remembered that I own a rain coat yeasterday - I did not need it yesterday or so far today - timing...

12 comments:

quiltpixie said...

inspiration to make lots of sailboat blocks?

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear you're managing OK -- it looks like it's HORRENDOUS! Take care -- I'll be thinking about you.
Jeanne

JudyL said...

Amy, I just remembered where you live and had to get on and see if you were ok. Thanks for posting. Good luck!

Judy L.

Patti said...

There were pictures in our paper this morning of the flooded streets, and I thought of you right away. I'm so glad everything is OK with you two!

Sweet P said...

I'm glad to hear you're OK. We had the floods here in May and they are NO FUN!

Forget the sailboats, I think you need an ark!

ForestJane said...

Stay dry!

The news reports are horrific - I was wondering about you. :)

Jules said...

I am glad to hear you are ok. My folks still talk about Agnes. I cannot imagine all of that rain.

Samantha said...

Stay dry and take care! Good weather for stayinginside and sewing, right??

Hanne said...

Keep dry !! What about making an umbrella quilt ?

Screen Door said...

Sounds like quilting weather - stay dry...
Melanie

Bonnie said...

The news reports are terrible. So glad you are not experiencing the flooding. However, if you do lose fabric to water damage, you have an open invitation to come shopping at my FREE stash. (I think I have enough for all the Stash Quilters.)

Serena said...

Thank goodness you didn't have any flooding problems! Looking forward to seeing your purple projects!