Thursday, June 08, 2006

Quilty Post

I am interupting this travel blog to update you on my quilty endeavours....

First, if I failed to mention it earlier, I only got about 2.8 blocks appliqued while in Australia. Just like here, I wasn't in the mood... (I also only read about 3 short chapters...)

Project Spectrum - I have not forgotten about you. This month's color is BLUE! I love to quilt with blue and off the top of my head I have at least two in progress blue UFO's! I think I will concentrate on one that was in a scrap quilt book back in the template time period. Mostly squares with a lot of gradiation and white stars - some have a high conmtrast with the blue while other have a low contrast. Once upon a time ago, I had all of my squares on a grid ready for me to sew them, but my sewing machine of the time did not play nice when I tried to sew 1/2 square triangles so the project languished. I pinned the squares to the back of a cheap table cloth, so hopefully they are still attached if not nicely - years of fold/crumple will probably equal needing a good pressing here, there, and everywhere...

Last months Green project? I need to finish cutting from my third round of pulling fabrics and sew up the last three rows.

The previous month's Orange project? I have my Bulls Eye Flowers sewn the the backgrounds and quartered, I even have them shuffled and pinned in 4's just waiting for me to sew them into blocks...

As usual, I am thinking about sewing more than sewing...

Post Script on the Travel Blog - I have underwater pictures on a CD, but I can't find them on my computer - so I will need to try to copy them from the disc to the blog... wish me luck. (Some of them turned out pretty o.k. for a cheap throw-away camera of pictures taken underwater...)

2 comments:

Hanne said...

Nice to have you back :-) Lovely vacation photos. I am also looking forward to see what you will do with your blue fabrics.

Jeanne said...

Oh, and you went to so much work getting the applique set up to take, and choosing the right book ... but that's OK, you were having MORE FUN!!

Jeanne :)