Monday, June 19, 2006

Project Spectrum Update

Well this is a Green update.... I finished piecing the inside & I have my borders ready to attach!

Unlike my last update, my quilt now is longer than it is wide @ 45 in. x 65 in. without borders. YAY!

I also worked on my borders! MY fabric is directional cats & all of the cats will be standing up on my quilt! (I have done that before & really like it.)

I am going to put them on tonight in what I think will be a bit unusual. I can see it in my mind, but I can't express it in writing... I will share a photo, but it won't be anytime too soon because I am in training...

The current month's color is blue... I have a ton of blue UFO's... (I am really drawn to blue quilts...) So I pulled out one of my languishing blue projects.... Boy does she need help! As I probably already mentioned, I have a project that is pinned to the back of an old table cloth... AKA design wall.... I got to a part that I do not (did not) particularly care for & set it aside. So I pulled it out this past weekend.... Some of it is no longer pinned to the table cloth, some of the fabrics no longer excite me, I need to press just about every piece, etc... Hopefully this weekend I will be more ready to tackle her!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Have fun at training away from the usual routine!
Lookig forward to seeing the green and the blue.
Jeanne

Laurie Ann said...

Can't wait to see the green/cat quilt. Hope you learn lots in training! :)

Laurie said...

Amy,
Good luck with training! I can hardly wait to see your color spectrum quilts!
Hugs
Laurie

Hanne said...

I am looking forward to see both your green and your blue quilt. Good luck with the training.

Screen Door said...

Hey kiddo - Check my weblog, I typed up the recipe. Can't wait to see your quilts.

Melanie

Samantha said...

can't wait to see the blue and green projects!

quiltpixie said...

don't turn blue with the work ahead of you....

JudyL said...

Looking forward to seeing the green cat quilt. You must have more cat fabric than anyone in the whole world!

Get that blue top done!! :)

Judy L.

Serena said...

Hope your training goes well!! I love blue quilts & projects and have many to finish also! Hopefully you will be able to get some of yours finished!!

JudyL said...

Amy . . hurry up with the training. We miss you!

Judy L.