Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lizard Island part 3 (better if read in reverse, but not 100% necessary)

O.K. you are going to have to bear with me a bit here.

First, I need to remember to post what I want to show first, last... This grouping "Lizard Island" ended up opposite...

Second, on the previous post, I shared a bit of a nature walk with out letting you know where we were going... sneaky - I know!

You may have even noticed the path next to the paper bark. (I am really happy with that photo...)

And if you looked at the hyperlinked map you may have see "other" things...

Like an airstrip... We passed that but I did not photograph it. The goanna was next to it though...

So where were we headed?

To the Blue Lagoon.

We had already seen some pretty awesome stuff, and I am always up for a nature walk.

By this time I am back in my crocs - for better or worse... Bare feet did not fare me well last time.

You can see more of the trail here, but this is our first peak... Is that not 100% magnificent? It really was breathtaking. Serious "ahh what is that?" moment. "Followed by, "Is that the blue lagoon?" & "Cool." "Awesome."

I am up on a tiny hill here to get a bit more...


Take our picture! Take our picture! (Oops, we should have removed the hats...)

On the way back the crocs came back off - they do not mix well with sand...

My feet were better on the soft san and the grass - but there were some rock places that were still hard on my tender feet...

I apparently lived to tell the tale, but I doubt that I will be wearing my crocs again...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Gorgeous photos! Karen