Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lizard Island part 2



Just off the beach are the remains of Watson's cabin/cottage. You can read about them here & Lizard Island here:Lizard Island Information just scroll your mouse over the different items. (like the hut to read about Mrs. Watson or the resort that I mentioned previously.)

Further along is a nature trail and on that trail I saw this Pandamus tree (Empahsis on the "d" - it is not a Panda-mus tree - I had a hard time convincing my brain of that one...)

This is a paperbark - yet another variety of gum tree.

This is a Goanna . As you can read there are many varieties - I am not sure which variety this one is... But this is the reason why Captain Cook named the Island, Lizard Island.

1 comment:

JudyL said...

Amy, I'm loving your pictures! Thanks!!

Judy L.