Friday, June 16, 2006

Kuranda Railway Station

These shots are of Kuranda's railway station. My father is a railroad fanatic, so some of these were definately captured for him. :o)

Just a sign on the bridge that goes over the tracks, so that pedestrians can cross safely to the Barron River in addition the the station and platform.

This is a fairly old station & a not to bad picture, in my opinion.
This is the sign for the city & a statue... Lovely flowers. Since Kuranda is in the Rainforest, there were quite a few flower varieties!
This bench was made from railroad parts... Nice in the shade, but I bet it gets hot when the sun is shining on it.

And the all important engine snap! This is the train that we rode on, but we were at the other end. I am pretty sure that there are only a few trains a day, so this one was sitting there for a while...

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

The reef fabrics look perfect together!
I love the Kuranda photos -- this would be a place I'd really enjoy! You created your own itinerary, right? You did some good research! :)
The tiered skirt is fun!
Jeanne

Passionate Quilter said...

Amy--thanks for sharing all your photos--I'm seeing things I missed. So that means I have to go back, right? :) I have my Australian fabrics (mostly aboriginal ones) aging right now. I'm curious to see you you are going to use yours.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Excellent photo/essay/travel journey entries Amy - what a special trip/honeymoon you have had! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Mary said...

So many amazing pictures. It really sounds like a wonderful trip and hopefully Keith and I will make it there sometime in the next few years. For now, I'm heading to Minneapolis on Friday to check out the city.