Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm here...

I have not fallen off of the Earth, but it sure does feel like it!

Michael & I are in the preliminary process of trying to find a nice home in our price range in a decent area... NO small feat! So we walked around in Baltimore (We live in DC!) looking at neighborhoods near the commuter rail line at Camden Yards. I got blisters....

Are you shocked that we are looking in Baltimore?

A. Unfortunately, it is not that uncommon for people to live in Baltimore and to work in DC. (Hence the commuter rail & our desire to live somewhat close to it.)

B. Almost any where closer to DC is a lot more expensive with a cr@ppy commute.

C. Since I used to live in Baltimore, I have friends & family there...

So that was Saturday...

On Sunday, we met some young couple without kids to form a friend group...

I have been sewing a little...

I am on the hedge about my border plan for my Project Spectrum Green zipper quilt... Still thinking about the narrow inner border idea... Maybe yes, maybe no....

So I should have looked into working on my blue project - heck any blue project....

Instead, I picked up an old-ish batik scrappy UFO! I sewed and picked and almost started over... You see I had a concrete idea, but I did not write it down. (I have the general idea in my mind.) So I am sewing along - I have about 1/2 done correctly without my notes & I am kind of back online with the rest...

Photos to come...

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, it's exciting to be house hunting! But it's a HUGE lot of work -- it will become like a second occupation, as if you don't have enough to do already. You keep seeing a new listing and wanting to take a look cause it might be just the right one!
Are you still in class?
Jeanne

Screen Door said...

Good luck! What an adventure... just keep looking at it like YOU are in the drivers seat, it's your choice to make. Those people with houses want YOU to purchase thier house. I know when we've been house hunting before, I always felt so helpless, but with age I realize you hold the cards.
Melanie

Jules said...

My dad took the commuter train from Savage, MD to DC for many years. I think that is one thing he misses now that he is retired. He loved taking the train.

I envy you living in the DC area. I miss it a lot.

Deb R said...

What did you think about your first day out house-hunting? Anything look appealing?

Gina E. said...

Good luck with finding a new home! Are you going to post any more pictures of your Aussie trip here?