Saturday, May 20, 2006

We made it!

I am currenyl in the Sydney airport awaiting my connection to Cairns. They have a FREE internet connection & PC - since I was so not going to lug mine around!

I was able to check my e-mail in Dallas too $.25 a minute... But our layover in Dallas was short - so nothing beyond reading my e-mail.

We had a super long layover in Los Angeles, but there were not internet connections free or otherwise, nor was there any CNN or the like...

I appliqued two blocks and played a few games of Scrabble to pass the time.

The flight from LA to Sydney was officially L-O-N-G! I woke up from what I thought was a rather long nap to find myself just past Hawaii. (They have a really cool map as an option to watch between movies and music videos.)

Well, I better get back to my gate and husband.

Since I can apparently get into Blogger - I'll blog again when I get a chance...

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi kiddo! What a nice surprise to find a new post from you! I'm glad you're there safely and ready for FUN!

Hugs ~ Jeanne

JudyL said...

Oh, Amy! Have a wonderful time!! Check in when you can and just have fun!!

Judy L.

Hanne said...

Have fun !

Patti said...

Thanks for checking in Amy - we never expected to hear from you so soon! I know you are going to have such a marvelous time. That's one thing plane trips are good for - getting applique done.

ForestJane said...

And do you have any hand sewing to keep yourself occupied in the airports and waiting areas? It's exciting to hear of all these travels, keep us updated!

Jane

Linda_J said...

Amy and Michael have a grand time Down Under!

Serena said...

Thanks for the update, Amy! Sounds like a fun trip so far!