Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Project Spectrum

This quilt is by: Anita Peluso, it is a "Zipper Quilt" from the book Modern Quilt Workshop by: Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. Our very own Sam of Diary of a Mad Fabri-Holic fame made one in all purple you can see it here in her flicker. Another version is here at Quilts Galore in oranges and pinks. (There was/is a "ring" called "Modern Quilt Along" and several quilters chose to do the zipper quilt. I have wanted to a zipper quilt myself but wasn't properly motivated before!)

Mine will be more like Sam's only in greens! I had a ton of fun pulling greens last night for it!

6 comments:

cher said...

lots of good posts Amy- nice to see more of your own work too-the green bricks quilt came out great.

Serena said...

Zipper Quilt - very appropriate title!! I'll put that on my to do list. :)

Laurie Ann said...

I like that zipper quilt and in greens it will be great. The bricks quilt you did for your hubby is great. I'll bet he's been loving it!

Samantha said...

It's a really fun quilt to make :-) Thanks for linking me... I still plan to make "love beads" from the same book. It's a wonderful book! Can't wait to see yours in green!

YankeeQuilter said...

I hadn't heard of that book, thanks. The green bricks are a lot of fun.

Sio

Hanne said...

I am really looking forward to see your green zipper quilt :-)