Tuesday, May 16, 2006

HELP

I read mysteries (almost exclusively).
In general, I like the style of Sue Grafton "A is for Alibi" & Nevada Barr "Track of the Cat". I also like some of James Patterson's books. I can tolerate Lillian Jackson Braun. I don't care for the Midnight Louis series.

Do you know of any authors that are similar to these that I might like?

I was Specifically wondering if anyone has read: Edie Claire "Never Tease a Siamese", Carolyn Hart of the Death on Demand Mysteries, or Marian Babson "Please don't Feed the Cat." I checked these out from the library & would be willing to go exchange them if you know that they are not my cuppa tea!

Do you think I would like them? Can you tell me a bit about any books that you have read by these authors?

(I am trying to get a few book to take on the plane & don't want to lug anything that is not my type...)

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm not a mystery reader -- just wanted to pop in and say good morning.
Jeanne :)

Laurie Ann said...

I adore the Nevada Barr novels. She is fantastic. I haven't read any of the authors you mentioned, sorry! Maybe Mary can help you, she reads a lot! Good luck!

chanadaal said...

I love mysteries too - but oddly I haven't read any of the ones you mentioned. I'm really into Martha Grimes right now. Well thought out mysteries with a great sense of humour :-)

ForestJane said...

If you like cats and mysteries, try the Joe Grey mystery books by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. Start at the beginning!

I too have gotten tired of Lilian J. Braun, her pages have gotten thicker, her margins wider, and there's less plot going on. You grab for what looks like a thick book, and there's nothing there. All together too much mustache stroking, apple barn descriptions, and not enough who-dun-it.

Laurie said...

Amy,
I like Mary Higgins Clark...always great books and I can never figure it out!
Hugs
Laurie

Jeri said...

If you like Sue Grafton, you might enjoy Janet Evanovich (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, etc)They are hilarious!

Your green zipper quilt will be phenomonal. I just know it - your fabrics are perfect!

Sara said...

Marcia Muller is great also. Rita Mae Brown's cat books are really better than Lillian Braun's. Have you tried Elizabeth George? She's not so much 'fluff' but her character development is great. You need to read her from the beginning. Lia Matera is good also. You can tell I waste a lot of time reading!!! Have a great trip.

Sara