Friday, April 21, 2006

What's Going on in Pictures

First, this is my Project Spectrum preview. I need to cut out the neutral background squares (good thing I use cream colored sheets...) and sew them down ala Bull's Eye. Which Is why I "need" orange thread.

Second are Daiwabo Taupes which will become a traditional albeit scrappy card tricks quilt. Read more about the taupes if you like at Pinwheels. I bought most of these at the Lancaster Show after lusting after them at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival. But I supplimented my earlier purchase with a couple more cuts in NYC. I also got the gnomes and gold fishies in NYC, I have no idea what I am going to use them in but I "had" to have them.
Finally my masculine homespun plaid project. I have all of my block sewn, now to sew them together. I layed them out so you can see the "design." Can you see how the stars will be in a diamond created by the court house steps blocks? (The red center will be narrow inner border and binding.)

14 comments:

Audrey said...

I love the gnome fabric!

Vicky said...

Great fabrics, all of them. Love those bright oranges! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Pam's Creative Mind said...

Amy...I think Niles needs some of that gnome fabric!!! Who makes it, I have never seen it before.

Jeanne said...

Wowee --those flowers are fabulous!!! And you know I'm loving the plaid log cabin blocks!
Jeanne :)

Deb R said...

I love those orange flowers! They remind me of poppies.

Mary said...

I like the plaids - my son would love that quilt. He tries to claim any quilt I make out of homespuns.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow Amy! Looks like you are putting that new sewing machine to good use! Both of these tops are so different - and so great. Good job.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Sandra said...

Those flowers will look terrific! The homespun stars look very homely and cuddly. I can't get into the project spectrum site - keeps saying "forbidden" - any ideas? Sounds like a fun thing to join in - I'm sure I have UFOs in those colours to finish LOL.

Norma said...

I love those taupe fabrics. I am thinking you are doing a little more stash buying than stash busting! *VBS*

I am looking forward to seeing that flower quilt finished.

Sharon said...

Really nice with the stars in between - so how much plaid do you have left:)

ForestJane said...

I love the layout of the stars and log cabins quilt!

Barb said...

that goldfish fabric is on my 'gimme' list.

Passionate Quilter said...

Wow---haven't been around the ring enough--I missed this post! Love the fabrics and your Project Spectrum! And I like the taupes too, although I'm not into them at the moment--I have too many other things!

Holly said...

Oh Amy! Your Flower Power blocks are looking great! I love the colors. The homespun quilt is awesome, too. Lovin' how they are turning out.