Sunday, April 09, 2006

Quilter's Heritage Celebration, Lancaster, PA

Over all, I was so disappointed! & Not just because of the rain... But you do have to go outside to see the entire show... I took so few photos, so many things did not interest me in the least.... I wish I went to the Chicago show instead - just based upon the few photos that I saw on Dawn's blog "Quilts and Pieces." I so agree with what she said about getting up early and driving for hours to inch by hundreds of people carrying heavy bags, etc. (Only we got up earlier & had to deal with rain too.) I did spot a few gems that made it worth while quilt wise & the shopping was fun...

My prize purchase was enough Daiwabo fabric to make a quilt - I lusted after them at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival a few weeks ago, so I was not going to leave them behind again!

I also found a great red for the centers of my courthouse steps blocks, inner border & binding & I got a few more homespuns as it did not look as if I had enough - even though Sharon's comment now has me wondering...

That was about is aside from a few odds & ends...

Another good thing was that I saw my buddy Kathy there & Boy was I happy becasue of it - she has been out of contact due to sickness, quilt classes, new phone that doesn't work, etc. So I was worried about her! She is on the mend and ALIVE!

5 comments:

Deb R said...

It's a shame you didn't see more to interest you, but the ones you shared photos of are really nice!

Linda_J said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Amy along with the info about the quilt and the maker. Some of these are bound to end up in some quilting publication somewhere--or multiple shows, no doubt.

I would love to get a national show like this again someday but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Dawn said...

Oh I"m so sorry it wasn't that great. I had heard throught the grapevine that many vendors went to chicago this year instead of lancaster. Good for me, but bad for you. Glad you got the fabric - those are just gorgeous aren't they! I can't wait to see what you make!

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear that the show was less than the best for you - I had heard the same from two of my other quilting friends. But you *did* find a couple of inspirations, so that's a good thing, as Martha would say! Thanks for sharing the pix with us!

Jeanne said...

So far I've read two thumbs-down and one thumbs-up for this show.

Jeanne