Monday, April 10, 2006

Project Spectrum Plan


My April Project Spectrum quilt will use these fabrics. I will use the frayed edge technique like the bulls-eye blocks similar to those that Holly just gave away. The actual pattern and inspiration are from McCall's Quilting & called Blooming Rose. I am making them along with Tambo. I was so happy to find the "oranges" fabric in my bright citrus value this past weekend. Previously I had only found lemons, limes and a print that has both oranges and bananas. (I could have used the banana one if it also had apples - and played with an old ditty that I used to sing in school. If you know what I am talking about, chime in!) The rest of the fabrics that are showing and my light backgrounds came from my stash. I will add lime green leaves - also from my stash. That will probably also be my narrow inner border. Since I am in the stash quilt ring, I though it was important to bring that up! The backing is an orange geometric - I have enough for that to be the binding too.

I have more oranges, orangey yellows, and yellows - for a geometric quilt that only uses rectangles. (It will be nice to turn these into rectangles once I get this quilt done. - YAY Amy, get the second quilt planned before finishing the first!)

Mine sure will be different than Jeanne's quilt - terracotta never even came to my mind. (Jokingly, I still think she needs to applique one of those coyotes wearing a bandana. Not unlike this one or these. I still wonder, "what's up with that?" when I see them - I used to see them a lot when I lived in Arizona...)

16 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Love those combos! Can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for sharing pictures from the quilt show. Fowl Language was my favorite too! :)

Deb R said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous!!

I enjoyed reading your Wikipedia results too.

ForestJane said...

Have you decided on a block or design yet?

karen said...

These colors are fabulous! Can't wait to see your quilt. So sunny and tropical feeling to me.

cher said...

certainly orange all right- and enjoyed the quilt show photos too!

Samantha said...

those are some really fun oranges! The large scale floral on thebottom right of the shot was, in pink, in my March project spectrum quilt!

Jeanne said...

Wowee kazowee -- yup, a whole different ballgame than my clays! I'm smiling about the coyote suggestion: not sure where my quilt is headed, yet, so I'll wait and see before adding the applique.
Jeanne :)

Finn said...

Love the fabric choices Amy!! Especially the one with the orange slices on it...*VBS* And I think that Bloomin'Rose is a good choice for a pattern..*VBS*

I did look at the chicken quilt pic you too, yup...you are right, a Finn-ish quilt for sure..*G*

Holly said...

Oooooh, these fabrics are going to be great for a bullseye quilt! Can't wait to see it put together.

Great pictures from the quilt show. My favorite is the kitty looking at the fish. Cute!

Laurie said...

WOW...LOVE those colors. Have fun with that one Amy!
Hugs
Laurie

quiltpixie said...

What wonderful fabrics! I'm sure it'll be stunning

Barb said...

Loooove that orange slices fabric. Orange is my favorite color too.

patty said...

oooooooh, can i say it again?
oooooooooh, love those oranges!

Kay said...

Wow! Do those oranges jump at you! This will be wonderful. That green will set it off beautifully. (I always plan the second quilt, too.)

Dianna in Maui said...

All I can say is YUM! I love orange - the color and the flavor. :-)

Passionate Quilter said...

I love your fabrics--I definitely want to see that one when it's done! Since I've been in absentia for a while, I missed what the Project "Spectrum" is..I'm assuming some type of challenge using a particular color every month? Geez, I don't even get done what I want, let alone adding anything else! LOL you go girl!