Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm back...



Star Happy by Judy Martin. This quilt is one of my UFO's - mine will be an "exact replica" (blue & white/light - blue where you see blue & white/light where you see white/light) I got a crazy idea to cut out all of the pieces first... I also do not want to repeat fabrics with the blocks - that is about 16 different pieces per big block = double for the star in a star blocks!

So I was in New York... (I forgot my camera today to upload a few photos.) I went to what has to be the tiniest quilt shop, but they had quite a bit of fabric - floor too ceiling & it was eerily organized... The "fabric flavor" of the shop was definately retro - back to the sixties and seventies. You can see some of the fabric that they carry here Flea Market Fancy by: Free Spirit. They also had a nice selection of CW repros and Daiwabo Taupes - I got a few of those. :o) I also got a couple pieces of fabric with gnomes and one with gold fishies.

I got all of my flowers and leaves cut out for my April Project Spectrum Orange quilt: "Are Orange Blossoms Orange?"

I also finished piecing my HomeSpun Stars and am half way finished with my CourtHouse Steps blocks.

While in New York I was barely able to get onto the computer so I have a lot of catching up to do!

4 comments:

Deb R said...

Welcome back! I like the quilt.

Mary said...

I love this quilt - can't wait to see yours.

Hanne said...

Welcome back Amy :-) I like your quilt ! Some quilt to cuddle under when eating cookies ;-) I am sure you can make the cookies with walnuts. You can make half quantity for testing maybe ?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Amy - sounds like you are making progress on some of your current projects - way to go! Is this Judy Martin pattern next up? It really is nice - your version sounds very scrappy!

Cheers!

Evelyn