Friday, April 07, 2006

blocks!

What you want to see some blocks from that fabric that I cut yesterday? Well here ya go! So, the answer is finally YES! I finally sewed with my new sewing machine. I did have the bobbin in backwards - I did not realize there was a backwards.... so the start was iffy & I was nervous that I already broke it, before breaking it in! But I fixed that & got her going & I sewed up 4 blocks!

I am also sharing my "stash of homespun" - I so hope this quilt uses it all up! This is my Dephi challenge piece. Is is masculine enough?

Does anyone else have a cat who likes to "help?" Yes, my little boy RB will roll all over any blocks that I layout.
I looked at the "pattern" this morning & I need 12 dark stars on light backgrounds and 6 light stars on dark backgrounds. (Good thing I quit cutting to start sewing blocks...) I also need 17 court house steps blocks. BTW the star that I am using is Atkinson Designs "Lucky Star." (without the sashing/borders) The original pattern had a different star...

That is Rhapsody under the bed waiting for the commotion to die down, so that she can have 100% of my attention and not have to share it with a quilt project or that boy cat that she despises so... (He is o.k. to have around when she wants to cuddle, but when he chases her or when he wants to cuddle or share mom's lap - watch out!)

She is next to my neutral stash. :o)

9 comments:

Jules said...

I'm glad you got your sewing machine working right. Whenever I have issues, I am always sure it is the bobbin. Of course, my machine will not sew with navy blue thread of any brand, so go figure. And I know it isn't just me, because my mom had the machine for 20 years before she gave it to me and she agreed with the navy blue thread problem.

I love the stars. This will be a great masculine quilt. My masculine quilts all have dinosaurs...

Jeanne said...

Your helpers are such sweeties!
And you know I'm liking the plaids!! {{Hugs}} for using the new machine!!!!
Jeanne :)

Deb R said...

I like the kitty pics! :-)

I've had cats in the past who loved fabric and quilts, but EDKSky is pretty indifferent to them. He LOVES yarn, though.

Samantha said...

Hoorayon breaking in the new machine. This looks like a lovely masculine quilt-to-be.

Laurie Ann said...

That is going to be a great quilt for a guy. I really like the Lucky Stars pattern, I've used it a couple of times. Glad you are finally breaking in the new machine!!

Sharon said...

So how many masculine quilts did you say you will be making? Looks like you have enough homespuns for a few more LOL!


Keep going, keep going, keep going!

Hanne said...

I am looking forward to see your quilt come together :-) Have fun with your new sewing machine - Pfaff, is it ?

Mary said...

Homespun's make great guy quilts.

here's a great pattern in the book 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts that I made in December out of my homespuns.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Good for you for revving up that new sewing machine! I learned about backward bobbins with my first drop in bobbin machine - and the fact that you have to take the bobbin chase completely apart after each quilt and clean out the lint!!! If those plaids ravel too much while you are sewing give them a spritz of sizing. It is going to be a great masculine quilt!

Cheers!

Evelyn