Wednesday, March 01, 2006

This quilt was so timely for me (several photos!)



Another from the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show - that wasn't in the juried show, rather a special exhibit.

"Postcards From a Time Down Under" by: Joyce Paterson of the Mendocino Quilt Artists, part of their exhibit "It Takes Time." Since Michael & I will be going to Australia in May/June & I am a quilter, I would love to something similar to capture our honeymoon. I am also considering something more abstract like Deb's remembrance of snorWALKing. I took several photos of this quilt - not enough to reproduce it perse, but enough to make anyonerealize that my quilt will probably be more like this than absract... Although there is no rule against makeing more than 1 quilt...

I really like the "post cards" and the fact that some of them are the backs of post cards! Not to mention the street signs. (I have/had a photo of one from Germany that was of Frogs Crossing.) And the appliques really complete the picture!




4 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, that postcard quilt is really neat!!

Deb R said...

Oh wow, I love that quilt! How cool!!

cher said...

great quilt-I can see why you found it so much fun! I have fabric I brought home from Australia myself..still waiting for inspiration to use it :-)

Mary said...

I like the idea of a postcard quilt.

The cat quilts are cute but I'd pass them up if you have lots of other things in the works. I'm trying to stay focused on my UFO's and after that scrap quilts to use what I have on hand.