Thursday, March 09, 2006

This little piggy
















A PIG in my book is a "Project in a Grocery Sack." And I own a few... (head bowed in shame) This one is my most recent.... I bought the magazine when I was feeling down... I then really mulled over the cover quilt. Do I want one very similar to the one shown? (I did not think so at the time.) How would I do mine? Oh, I am so tired of doing the same thing.... That one on Finn's blog looks cool... I have a gift certificate, so I can either buy a couple big pieces of batiks for a different quilt that I plan to make to use up my batik scraps, or I can buy to make this quilt... I walked out with fabrics so that I could make mine look very similar to the published quilt. (I bought a few to fill in the gaps at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show & suprisingly a few cam out of my stash!) The floral at the top will be the back & the other piece up there - a plaid - will be the binding. When will I start to cut &/or piece it? Your guess is as good as mine! (The left over pinks and browns together with my shirtings will make another quilt made up entirely of small-ish 1/2 square triangles. Some may also go with my other repros. to become another repro. quilt - maybe baskets...)

Ah back to the reality of "Amy you already have a pile of UFO's without making more!"

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

I liked this quilt when I saw it, too. And I like your fabric array! Laughing about starting a new UFO, and about how one quilt's leftovers and scraps leads to another. We will NEVER finish, will we?
Jeanne :)

Mary said...

I like your fabric choices. Do you plan to start this one anytime soon or is it further down the list?

Holly said...

I like those colors. I buy quilt magazines to cheer me up, too - usually when I'm grocery shopping :)

Linda_J said...

gorgeous fabric--looks a lot like the cover quilt. Good that you have a use for the leftovers--hey, you are working in series!

Passionate Quilter said...

I love those colors--pretty quilt too! I like your name...PIG...I call mine that haven't been started yet a HuSsY (haven't started yet!) Neither one sounds good for a project you really want to do, is it? LOL

Audrey said...

It looks like it will be beautiful!

Laurie said...

Amy,
The fabrics are yummy! It will make your quilt SING! GO FOR IT!!
Hugs
Laurie

Vicky aka stichr said...

I found it interesting that someone else I know has just finished a pink and green quilt[not the same pattern]...but hers are Neon Colors. :+) It never ceases to amaze me how different a pattern can look with different fabrics....Never! So even if you picked almost the same color families, your quilt be be different too.

Nancy said...

Oh but it's sooooo much more fun to start something new than to finish up an old UFO! I'm in a cutting mood so I'm kitting up a bunch of "pigs". Eventually I'll get to sewing them. For now I'm having a good time just playing with my fabric.

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kay said...

PIG is a great name I haven't heard before. Mine are "projects in a plastic box", not nearly as clever. You've got beautiful fabrics and it should be a pretty quilt if you do it, and if you don't, it was fun to think about it. Enjoy what you can in life!

JudyL said...

That's a very pretty quilt and whatever you use, it will be gorgeous!

Judy L.