Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday Sew-n-tell

My mini-group met yesterday & I brought my travel applique project so that I could prepare the appliques for my trip. I had ten cats freezer papered and trimmed waiting for me to glue stick the raw edge - I only got 3 glue sticked and only two of them thread basted in place...

So what did I do instead for the better part of 5 hours? I snacked on these truely wonderful spinach filled beggar's purses, "showed" two of my wedding gift quilts, shopped (I only purchased 2/3 of a yard of fabric - cats of course...), helped other people shop, snacked some more this time on devilied eggs - a truely wonderful treat!, looked at other "shows", "Told" about my new sewing machine, ate great food - even a suprisingly good "raw" salad dressing & a cake to die for (I am really loving the chocolate and raspberry combo.) with fresh home-made whipped cream.

I then when to my GF's house and traced my final 4 cats and freezer papered them to fabric & went out for Chinese - leftovers for lunch!

I had my camera, but after so long with out it, I forgot to snap any photos & I wanted to show you all my blocks....

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Amy, Amy, Amy -- no fun at all without pictures!!!! But the food descriptions kinda make up for it -- yum!
Jeanne :)

Mary said...

This sounds like the bee group I went to last Friday - I only got one and a half Cathedral Window blocks done.

However, you had better food at your meeting which is a good thing since all that good stuff wouldn't have been good for my diet!

quiltpixie said...

It sounds like a great time!

Samantha said...

sounds like a yummy day...dklis

Samantha said...

sounds like a yummy day...

JudyL said...

Amy, sounds like you had fun and that's what really matters!

Judy L.

Holly said...

That sounds like the best group get-together ever! Love the food descriptions :)