Friday, March 03, 2006

Save me from myself...




Please save me from myself, not only do I want the patterns, I want to buy the kits for these three adorable cat quilts!
(Patterns by McKenna Ryan, kits available through Keepsake Quilting.)

I have had my catalog at the ready... I have justified the heck out of making the purchase... but I am going to Australia in a few months and wouldn't my money be better spent there (on say, FOOD) ? I already have a ton of UFO's, PIGS, WHIMMS, etc. I just bought fabric for a different quilt. That one is pieced - this one is fusible... which is a different kind of purchase that fulfills a different need in my mind. Shall I go on? I can. (For example there is my goal to finish 6 Nickel Quilts - including the 4 "I SPY" quilts that are in progress - Thanks again to those of you in blogville who sent me charms or chunks of novelties!)

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Are PIGS and WHIMMS secret abbreviations?

Save the money for Australia, and if you have surplus on return, but the kitty quilts then. I'm sure Keepsake will have them for a while!

Jeanne said...

Haha -- my Keepsake catalog came yesterday. The front cover is the cat and chipmunk project. I saw it and thought of you!!
Maybe just the patterns, as a compromise? I'm not much help.
Jeanne :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hummm, maybe post the pictures in front of your UFO's for motivation... when you finish the ones on your list - reward yourself with a kit. By then you will be back from your trip, so you will not have gone hungry! I am sure you would enjoy making at least 1 of them, but you probably would feel better if you finish some of your other stuff first.

How's that for a compromise?

Cheers!

Evelyn

Linda_J said...

ohhhh, those are wonderful and I can see why you might want to invest in them. BUT you know all the reasons that you don't need them this instant, LOL. Australia and a pile of UFOs!

Nancy said...

But, but, but....they're CAT QUILTS! Of course you have to buy them! At least the patterns. I'm as much a sucker for cat patterns as I am for cat fabric. And I'll probably be checking out keepsake and buying those too. LOL!

cher said...

I see no problem in buying the patterns-but the kits?? I would delay that purchase. just the sort of delayed gratification gal I am!

JudyL said...

Amy, I don't know. You spend money on food and what do you have to show for it? (Don't answer that .. that's why I need to be on a diet!)

But, you buy these kits and you haave something you like forever! Get them! :)

Judy

Patti said...

I'm not going to help you at all - since you love cats and cat quilts so much I say go for it! Even if you don't make them you will get a great deal of pleasure out of drooling over the pictures and imagining yourself meking them!

(I've justified a lot of purchases that way!)

Alanna said...

Go to Australia first! The Aussies have soooo many neat fabrics and patterns now you will want to get stuff there! Then have it mailed home to maintain space in you luggage for more. A good compromise, buy just the patterns (alot of quilt stores have them!) and take pics with you to find neat fabrics in Oz to use!!