Friday, March 31, 2006

Project Spectrum & this-n-that



UGH I forgot that that was a tiny picture.... This is my red project for Project Spectrum, I only jumped on the band wagon recently - so I had to use an oldie... The next color is Orange & Yellow & that will be a new project! I am going to play along with Tambo.

I am also kind of motivated to work on my scrappy rail fence after seeing Sam's Quilt. You see, mine is black batik with scrapy (Think of a charm quilt becasue I tried not to repeat) batiks and hand dyeds. The blocks are all pieced & pressed & I even started to sew 1 block to another. (I am trying to guilt myself into working on it - if you can't tell.) I already have the purple batik pillow cases....

Which reminds me, I should piece together my wedding signature quilt - so I can send it off to be quilted....

& then there are the I SPY quilts.... & the cat appliques & The log cabin that my friend bought the fabrics for - another tinge of guilt here, not to mention that she asked about it recently & I kind of put it off till after Australia.... OY VEY!

Oh and I am going back to school (American University) starting in July.... So my quilty time will be decreasing. I better get going, huh?

8 comments:

diva of quilting said...

What an adorable little quilt! Project Spectrum sounds like fun--I love colors, maybe I'll have to join. (I wonder if I have any old red projects lying around)

I, too, have an unfinished scrappy/charm rail fence quilt--a whole drawer full of blocks, probably enough to make several quilts. Someday ...

Nancy said...

well I signed up mid-March and still didn't get something done. So I'm going to use the red/pink/white 9-patch/snowball I did in Feb. as mine cause I just can't seem to get any sewing done this past few weeks.

Laurie Ann said...

What will you be working on at American University?

Laurie said...

Great little quilt Amy! And good luck with going back to school...crank out some quilts b4 you have to go back! ;o)
Hugs
Laurie

Holly said...

Blog about going back to school - I want details :)

Kay said...

It's great to see someone who did a Project Spectrum work. I didn't, but may do the April one. I hope to see some Australia postings. I loved visiting there, and it will be fun to be reminded.

Jeanne said...

I love the light shining into the window on this red quilt. I'm going to try to do the Project Spectrum series, too.
BTW, the brisket was WONDERFUL!
Jeanne :)

cher said...

just got to sit down at the machine and get going Amy. good luck in going on with your education!