Monday, March 27, 2006

excuses, excuses

I don't even have a good excuse....

I guess you can call this a rut.

Maybe a blue period.

Once upon a time ago, I used my wedding as an excuse - well I'm married.
Then, I wanted (needed?) a new sewing machine - well I have a new sewing machine.
And then, I wanted to have the I SPY charms sorted for the first quilt - well I have them sorted for two quilts and half way sorted for the other two (& possibly a 5th on the way...)

And then there is my travel applique project. Forever or so it seems ago, I pieced the blocks and started to get the cats done. Then I had to get some other things done first.
Now I am prepareing the cats - so I can sew them in airports and on planes in May.

Luckily, I can say that last night I finally prepared 4 more cats - 7 down 8 to go.

I really need to make up lists - because without them I am floundering...

My top 25 quilts to get done... (That list could easily be more, but I want to visit (o.k. locate) my projects before tackeling that list.
Quilty things to do this week - a month is too long of a period for me - I could easily "need" a daily list... But I have yet to even start a list...

I have a quilt visiting a long armer right now - hopefully her return will make me return to quilting.

In the mean time, I am going to a quilters yard sale on Saturday... I need more fabric like I need a hole in my head, but... (I am on the lookout for yardage suitable for backgrounds - Judy Martin's new book, SCRAPS landed in my mail box last week and there are a few patterns that need 1 or 2 background pieces to work...)

And hopefully on the 7th or 8th I will be going to the big quilt show in Lancaster, PA. - Maybe that should be a reward for piecing SOMETHING! Oh that is it, I have resorted to bribing myself...

The dinner party went well, once again everyone liked my brisket :o) The weather is beautiful - I really need to go down to see THE cherry blossoms...

Well it appears that I have gone from having nothing to say to saying a lot...

3 comments:

tami said...

Quilter's yard sale. Sound promising. Sometimes new fabric is just what you need to get you moving. :o)

Laurie Ann said...

Nothing wrong with bribing yourself! :) :) I like that technique myself.

Mary said...

I've flipped through Judy Martin's new book but don't recall that anything jumped out at me. Which quilts in the book are you liking and wanting to make?