Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A couple cat quilts from the show...

The quilt was made by C. Holmes in Cordova, TN (In general, I forgot to jot donw the makers name or the quilt title...) I think the truest color is of the "whole" quilt. I liked it so much, I got an "even closer" shot...(so I took out the "close-up" - too much space) Beyond that fact that I love this as a cat quilt, I also love the use of a neutral palette.

The blue cat quilt was part of a special exhibit on "blue." believe it or not, this is a photo of a photo! I love the border & the mischieviousness of the subject. (Mine however, would invariable have "funky fish.") Linda - does that jog your memory?


9 comments:

Patti said...

What great quilts Amy - especially for cat lovers like you. Looks like two very talented quilters here. Aren't quilt shows fun!

Nancy said...

OOH! Love the kitty quilts!!! And I agree. The first one is great mainly for it's absense of color. Looks much more realistic. In fact it looks like my Tommy Boy. :-)

Linda_J said...

OOOOH cool kitty quilts and what pretty kitties. two that really looks like a painting almost and a folk art-y one.

Happy Valley Quilter said...

Wow! These are great. The first cat reminds me of our gray stripe cat, Shadow.
Kairle

Passionate Quilter said...

too funny--I skimmed the title and didn't read that they were from the quilt show. I thought YOU made them. I was impressed! That's okay, you liked them and took pictures of them and shared, good enough. :)

but not too much of a kitty person, AAAACCHHOO!

Mary said...

My sister took the pictures at the show - she's sending me a disk and I'm sure these cat quilts will be on the disk as she's a *cat* person too.

Finn said...

Great cat pics Amy..you did a great job of getting them. The kitty reminds me of the Chesapeake cat from the Great Lake line.

Jeanne said...

The "neutrals" one is REALLY well done!
When I was young, we had a cat that DID scoop the fish out of the tank.

Kay said...

Isn't this wonderful! And the way she captured the expression of the cat is amazing. Like several of the other posters, I have a sweet grey cat that looks a bit like the one in the picture.